Friday, September 30, 2011

Eternal love...

This poem was penned back in class XII(well now i'm on the verge of completing my masters)when I's hit by the love-bug. It still remains my favourite poem...

As I lay on this cold chilly night,
I think of the days passed by,
And of memories, buried in my mind.
The words of love then spoken,
And,words of love still unheard.
It all reminds me of YOU,
You-perhaps the only person I loved or cared....

The room is all dark.
The lamps have been blown out,
But around the corner-
The burning splinters of wood in the fireplace-
Chasing of darkness,still glows bright.
Somewhere deep within,it reflects-
The state of my mind-In this darkened,dull life of mine,
You are my only hope,a ray of light...

On this silent night, I shed a tear,
Silently wishing you to be near.
To feel your warmth by my side,
To hug me tight when i'm blue,
To kiss my lips with such tender love-
That my heart beats only and only for you.
To caress me with all affection,
That makes me forget the world around,
We'll be making love all night through,
Creating our own world of love, just me and you....

I think of these,and turn to reality,
when I'm all alone bereft of you,
My heart cries and yearns only for you.
I'm missing you a lot honey,
And dying to see those wide, black eyes,gleaming-
With all love, care and affection
To be bestowed only on me.

Time may drift us far apart,
But we'll be together again,
'Coz out two li'l hearts beat as one.
Together we have treaded many a thorns,
And still we travel hand in hand.
We know what we are destined to be-
To be TOGETHER FOREVER and EVER...till ETERNITY....

8 comments:

  1. Very well written. It deserves to be one's favourite poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wrote it in 12th standard and believe me, I felt like what you felt. Wishing could be with someone on cold nights, weaving thoughts to suppress loneliness. I can so relate to it. Beautiful poem and the last paragraph resonates hope...:) Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely... you know when you write from the heart, age actually does not matter... and some times I believe the words mold themselves to the feeling of the heart...

    Shashi
    ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Om Namah Shivaya
    At Twitter @VerseEveryDay
    http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com/2011/07/whispers-memories-to-live-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank u Saru Di and Sashi sir..dats it...feelings of the heart are beyond age and everything else... :):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! really speechless! wonderful expression! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. well done ,, its really eternal love..
    so true..

    ReplyDelete
  7. good one...really it was nice reading it..

    http://ideas-forum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete